Broader IssuesAACSS Sisters have prioritized broader concerns and developed responses to the need of women religious for education and personal development.
In Jinga, Uganda, an international program. Transformative Spiritual Leadership and Faith Development Course (TSLFDC), addresses the Sisters’ growing awareness of issues that lie beyond concerns specific to HIV and AIDS. AACSS Sisters have prioritized broader concerns and developed responses to the need of women religious for education and personal development. The heart of the course is transformation.
In the context of African culture and Christian Faith, the course enables participants to meet responsibilities for formation work, leadership and administration in local communities or other settings. Students participate in small growth groups for sharing and mutual encouragement. A religious retreat of six days is offered to participants.
Major topics covered in the program are:
- Understanding Scripture and Revelation
- Faith Seeking Understanding in the 21st Century
- Transformative Spirituality of Joy and Hope
- Challenges to Human Growth and Development
- Consecrated Life and Vows in the African Context
- Developing Critical Thinking.
The following workshops complement the courses:
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Spiritual Discernment
- Human Sexuality and Integration
- Gender and Justice
- Conflict Management
- Stress, Trauma and Grief
- Substance Abuse/Addictions
- Leadership and Mission.
Participating Sisters summed up their comments when they wrote: We highly recommend this renewal course as a step forward in the growth of our Christian faith and the renewal of our religious commitment in the context of African culture.